The Butcher and the Wren by Alaina Urquhart-Book Review!

    Hi everyone! I have a book review that I am very excited to share.

        I have been listening to this podcast called Morbid for some time and it just so happens one of the hosts wrote a book. I have been anticipating this book for forever so once it was released, I went on the hunt for it. So, let's get started. 

I recently finished The Butcher and the Wren, first of all it was fantastic. The book will keep you on your toes and you will not be able to put it down. The book is a thriller mystery, and I don't usually read books in this genre, but I really enjoyed it. 

The story follows Dr. Wren Muller who is a Forensic Pathologist. As well as Jeremy the butcher who is also a serial killer. The story takes place in the Louisianna Bayou. Dr. Wren has never been stumped by a case until these murders start happening, one after the other. 

The book takes you in a cat and mouse chase from both perspectives. I like the different perspectives it brings more insight into the minds of both characters. While reading Dr. Wrens point a view you are immersed into the case, and you feel like you are there investigating. When reading from Jeremy's point of view you see into the twisted mind of the serial killer. On this wild goose chase you can't help but beg for more....

Overall, I would give this book 5 STARS. I enjoyed it so much and the twist at the end made it so much better. 



Comments

Popular Posts